WHAT IS ADVENTURERS?
The Adventurer Club is all about supporting families as they work to develop happy, healthy, mature kids. It provides a fun and creative environment for kids (preK - 4th) to learn more about the Bible, health, nature, getting along with others, and more. Plus, it gives parents & guardians an opportunity to improve their parenting skills while enjoying special activities with their children.
We believe the family circle is precious in God's eyes and has measureless impact. The Adventurer Club is a way for our church to partner with families in helping kids:
- Develop a Christ-like character
- Experience the joy of doing things well
- Express their love for Jesus
- Strengthen their ability to get along with others
- Discover their God-given abilities and learn to use them in serving others
- Improve their understanding of what makes families strong
More information about the worldwide Adventurer Club ministry at
WHEN WILL IT BE?
The full Adventurer Club program will begin Fall 2018. We plan to host club meetings twice a month (generally the 1st & 3rd Tues of every month), from 6:00-7:30p in the conference rooms of the Castle Rock Adventist Hospital. We will also have a monthly service project or field trip.
A full calendar for the club year (Aug '18 - May '19) will be provided at Registration/Parent Orientation Day, Aug. 7, 6:00-7:30p in the hospital conference rooms.
Eager to jump in before Fall 2018? Complete the steps below to pre-register now and join us for several regional and local events throughout the summer. Click here to find details for our first event on May 6, 2018.
HOW TO JOIN?
STEP 1: COMPLETE 2 FORMS
STEP 2: submit registration & T-Shirt fees
Registration is $35 per Adventurer. Club t-shirts are $10 (required for each Adventurer but can be ordered for each member of the family if desired). We are still working on an easy way to submit payment online, but until then you can submit appropriate payment one of two ways:
- By mail: Send cash or check payment to PO Box 1089, Castle Rock, CO 80104. Checks can be made payable to Castle Rock SDA Church with "Adventurer Registration" in the memo line.
- In person: Bring your cash or check payment to the Registration/Parent Orientation Day on Aug. 7, 6:00-7:30p in the conference rooms at Castle Rock Adventist Hospital.
Step 3: Complete "Verified volunteers" COURSE & background check
Parent/Guardian involvement is a unique component to the Adventurer Club that generates a meaningful experience for the entire family. Because safety is of utmost importance, we are required to make sure every adult present at Adventurer Club meetings and activities has been screened through Verified Volunteers. View and follow these steps to complete the both an online training AND a background check through Verified Volunteers here. When you have completed your online training course, please download your digital certificate for your records and submit it using the upload feature below.
Step 4: submit all completed forms
Please submit the following using the upload button below, by mail (PO Box 1089, Castle Rock, CO, 80104), or in person:
- member application
- medical consent form
- Verified Volunteers certificate
WHAT TO WEAR?
The uniform makes the Adventurer Club real to its members. The uniform becomes an emblem of a standard, builds loyalty to the club, and brings members into a sense of community. The uniform should always be neat, clean, and worn with pride.
Two styles of uniform will be used at various times:
- Club t-shirts will be used most of the time for club meetings, field trips, and other club activities.
- A full dress uniform will be worn for special occasions and designated service projects. (Please note: some portions of the full dress uniform are not included in the registration fee.) Details of the full dress uniform will be provided at Registration/Parent Orientation Day, Aug. 7, 6:00-7:30p at the Castle Rock Adventist Hospital.